, is a lovely way for you to express your love and care for your baby. Massage can
soothe your baby and help them to sleep more content. A massage before bedtime may help your
baby to wind down after the stimulation of the day and become calm and ready for sleep. This is a
great way for you and your partner to bond with your baby, and you may find it relaxing too.
The Ancient art of baby massage is a gentle, rhythmic stroking of your baby's body with your hands
and evidence shows that loving, nurturing and touching between parents and babies has positive
impact on a child’s development. Babies love to be touched and cuddled. It soothes them when
they are tired, frustrated or can’t settle and a parents natural instinct is to cuddle and stroke their
Benefits for your Baby:
Benefits for Parents:
- Baby Massage strengthens your baby’s immune system, helping to resist infection, eases coughs, colds and other health problems.
- Improves blood circulation and helps remove waste products from the body.
- It also improves the condition of your baby’s skin, leaving a healthier looking baby.
- Massage helps calm your baby. Clearing their lungs, deepening breathing and improving respiration to improved sleep patterns.
- Baby Massage relieves colic, wind and constipation.
- Abdominal Massage techniques are a very effective form of relief for a baby who may be suffering from painful bouts of wind, colic and constipation.
- Baby Massage also aids teething discomfort.
- Baby Massage offers one to one quality time with your newborn baby.
- It helps to build a vital bond between parent and baby, by offering both mothers and fathers the opportunity to participate in massage therapy.
- Baby Massage helps with post natal depression. It regulates stress hormones and increases the hormone oxytocin. This hormone is also known as “the hormone of love”.
- Baby Massage techniques demonstrated to your baby can be adapted to the various developmental stages of your growing child.
- Baby Massage results in a more content, healthier, happier baby; which in turn leads to happier parents.
Throughout my Baby Massage classes, I will demonstrate safe techniques to help build your
confidence to touch and handle your baby. I will also communicate body awareness to enable you
to tune into your baby’s body language to help you better understand what your baby is trying to
communicate as this may be very empowering for parents. By doing my baby massage course, my
intention is to provide you with the essential skills to practice the ancient tradition of Baby Massage
Therapy on your baby. I hope to bring this wonderful and beneficial art form into you and your
baby’s way of life to provide relief, nurturing and loving touch.
10am (1 -2 hour class) includes a cup of tea/coffee and friendly chat after class
Ballyowen Castle Community Centre, Ballyowen Lane, Lucan
Eur120 for 5 weeks. I am a certified Baby Massage Instructor with the International association of
Infant Massage so you may be able to claim back a portion of your fees from your insurance
Starts 10th October
Michelle Casey 086 1628746
Certified Infant Massage Instructor (I.A.I.M)